3. How I got to where I am now
I have found peace. Calm. And alignment.
This has been the most massive shift of my life, and I got there through...
1. Therapy (Transactional Analysis based).
2. Life Coaching - 9 years and still going. I am still in coaching not because I still feel broken, but because just like the body, the mind also needs constant exercise and it will often bring up new things that I need to look at, in order to get to the next level of awareness.
3. Hundreds of self development, psychology, therapy and coaching books. For the last 7 years, 99% of all books I have read are non-fiction self-development or psychology books.
4. I have learned that physical illness is a result of repressed emotions manifesting in our body. I have two auto-immune diseases (Ankylosing Spondylitis and Psoriasis) and by understanding the mind-body connection, I have managed to slow down and even heal my body.
5. I have explored many personality models to help me understand and categorise people in order to understand dynamics between people as well as our inner functions. For the last 3 years, I have settled on the MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) which I use in my personal, professional as well as in my coaching. I use this now with all my current and future clients.
6. I've given myself permission to pursue my life-long dream of becoming a life coach and help other people who might experience some of the trauma I've gone through - and healed from.
I want to be very specific I want to work with, for two reasons. Click here to keep reading...